|press||» News Mentions||Press Releases | TV and Video|
Hot Hotels: These hotels are packed with personality.
Delta Airlines Sky Magazine
by Jason Oliver Nixon
1. Roxbury, New York// Over-the-top exuberance takes center stage at The Roxbury, a boutique-styled hotel in the Catskill Mountains. Book a fancifully named room Ė Tonyís Dancefloor, the Wizardís Emeralds or perhaps Maryannís Coconut Cream Pie (where youíll be assured a tale of a fateful trip). Enjoy a Swedish massage in the Shimmer Spa then lap up the libations at the Public Lounge. theroxburymotel.com
2. Vancouver, British Columbia//Dating from 1927, the Rosewood Hotel Georgia has undergone massive renovation, imbuing the historic hostelry with a newfound glamour. The lobby is breathtakingly chic, and the rooms feature the latest modern conveniences (including rain showers). Check in, then kick back in the Prohibition jazz lounge, set to open in late 2011, before dining on slow-cooked halibut with chorizo at Hawksworth Restaurante. rosewoodhotels.com
3. St. Barth, French West Indies// The colorful and low-key Le Village St-Jean Hotel offers terrific access to this upscale island, but without the astronomical rates. Stellar views? Check. Easy-breezy accommodations and a pool? Check and check. A cottage for massages and private yoga lessons? Bien sur! And, best of all, the staff is perfectly gracious and accommodating. villagestjeanhotel.com
4. Santa Monica, California // Green design and good design do not always go hand in hand. Happily, the just-opened Shore Hotel pairs LEED certification with cutting-edge architecture and interiors (not to mention eye-popping vistas of the beach, just across the street). Rooms are sleek and comfortable, and we are crazy about the solar-heated swimming pool. shorhotel.com
5. Hayman Island, Australia // Fresh from a months-long renovation, the Hayman Resort shines anew. Enjoy nature at its finest, from stellar diving in the Great Barrier Reef to opportunities for boating, fishing, and spotting wildlife. Better yet, relax in your secluded Beach Villa and enjoy immediate access to the resortís powdery sands (not to mention the private pool and al fresco day bed). Wind down your day
Click here to view the full story as it appeared in Delta SKy Magazine.